6.09.2016

Indiesew + Seamly Summer Collection Pattern Review











Indiesew and Seamly have teamed up to bring you the Seamly Collection! I was part of the pattern testing phase, and it was a lot of fun and a whole new experience for me. I chose to make two out of the three patterns, and I'm so glad that I did!

The basic tee is more of a comfy slouch tee, but I made mine a size or two too big. I'm still learning new things about making clothes every time I make a new pattern, so I'm going to share what I learned with the sizing of these patterns. The wrapped cardigan instructions say, "Choose the size that corresponds with your bust measurement. If your measurements fall between sizes or you prefer more fitted sleeves, size down." I think this goes for the basic tee as well. I fell between on most measurements and I felt closer to the XL, but I definitely should have sized down instead of going up in size.

I ended up taking in the basic tee and not putting the pocket back on (I'm wearing it with the wrapped cardigan). I need another go around with making this shirt, but it was very basic and fun to make.

The wrapped cardigan I sized down to a medium, and I was so glad that I did, because it fits perfectly! I love how it turned out. It was completely different from anything I have ever made, so it was a good new experience. The instructions are very detailed, and even though it is something different, I think that it's basic enough for beginners. The cardigan has hidden pockets on the inside and could easily hold small things like a debit card or lip gloss.

Follow along with the other ladies who sewed up the patterns to see how theirs turned out and their thoughts!

June 8: Inside the Hem
June 9: The Doing Things Blog
June 10: Dandelion Drift
June 13: The Sara Project
June 14: Fa Sew La
June 15: Sew Mariefleur
June 16: Right Sides Together
June 17: Allie J.
June 18: Cut Cut Sew


No comments:

Post a Comment